[ About | Sources | Screenshots ]
What is fidelio?
Fidelio is a hotline client for GNU/Linux, that uses Gnome and
Gtk+. Hotline is a proprietary protocol of
Hotline Communications that provides News, Chat and FTP.
Fidelio presently has the following functionality:
- Server and Tracker Bookmarks
- Tracker support
- Multiple simultaneous connections to different servers.
- Upload and resumable download - not yet complete file management.
- Userlist and messages.
- Large icon support.
- Public Chat.
- News v1.2 and v1.5 (reading and posting).
- Kick/Ban support (untested)
- Private messages (with ignore)
Version 1.0 of fidelio will certainly NOT have (not coded by me, at least):
These items just don't interest me. If somebody else wants to do them, I'll merge the code.
- User account management
- News management
- Server state management
The culprit is firstname.lastname@example.org. Send mail, for flames will end up
compressed to oblivion in /dev/null.
The current version is 0.9.1 (ChangeLog).
The source tarball is available under the
General Public Licence here:
Prerequisite software is:
Also note that this code will only compile and run on 32-bit machines with 4-byte integer alignment and 4-byte pointers.
Read the README of the tarball for instructions, it is more up-to-date.
- GTK+ 1.2
- GNOME 1.0.x
The obligatory mugshot^Wscreenshot section. Note that some of these shots are quite large (1000x500).
Yes, I hava a big monitor...
- About... (~20k) The about window....
- Task list (~40k) The tasklist window.
- Bookmarks (~40k) The bookmark list.
- Trackers (~55k) The tracker window with the results of a search.
- Connect dialog (~20k) The connect to host dialog.
- Preferences #1 (~46k) The userlist preferences dialog.
- Preferences #2 (~46k) The user icon preferences dialog, here showing the large icons.
- News (1.5) (~100k) The news pane, right after logging in.
- News (1.5) (~45) The news pane, minimal window.
- Files (~80k) The files pane, with a message window.
- Public Chat (~80k) The public chat pane.
Bassoukos Tassos <email@example.com<
Wed Jan 19 01:36:05 EET 2000